Warning! We have started repairing the roof of the summer palace building at the top of the park. Please take extra precautions.
The building of the summer palace was built behind the town moat, in 1601-1602, by the owner of the estate Jan Rudolf Trčka of Lípa (1557-1634), according to the model of the royal summer palace in the Prague preserve in Bubenč. The one-storey, originally Renaissance building is situated in the flat upper part of the park. A stair tower connecting the individual floors is adjacent to the building. A 270-metre long roofed corridor connects the chateau with the castle building.
At the beginning of the 19th century, the summer palace was rebuilt in the spirit of classicism.
In the recent past, the interiors of this building were used as the ceremonial and exhibition hall of the town. At present, the building is not open to the public.
At the end of 2022, the reconstruction of the roof and attic of the building began, followed by the reconstruction of the other floors.