Warning! We have started repairing the roof of the summer palace building at the top of the park. Please take extra precautions.
2nd floor of the castle (selection circuit)
The 2nd floor of the castle represents the life of the Colloredo-Mannsfeld family at the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century. The tour includes a visit to the private rooms of the siblings of Prince Joseph II. C-M - sisters Johanna, Maria Theresa, Ernestina Carolina, Ida Margaret. You will see the maid's room and move through the arcades to the rooms of Prince Joseph's four nephews, whom, as a childless man, he adopted. This tour includes a visit to the family museum, including, among other things, a collection of objects imported by Joseph II. C-M from North America between 1904 and 1906, as well as the Knights' and Hunters' Hall.
New sightseeing circuit opened in 2022!
In this part of the exhibition you will see: historical interiors - Ernestine Caroline's room, the Trauttmansdorf suite (bathroom, dressing room, bedroom), the Mantua room, the Schönburg-Hartenstein suite, the maid's rooms, the governess's room, the maid's room, the rooms of the Prince's nephews, the classroom, the family museum, the knight and hunting hall
BOOK YOUR TICKETS: email@example.com
Warning: Register your group and buy the tickets at the tickets office at least 15 minutes before the agreed time of your seeing beginning. If you do not do that, we cannot reserve the entrance to the castle for you.
Foreign language description of the exposition download
Seeing the castle is not possible without our guide.
Interpretation in Czech only, foreign language printed texts are available at the entrance to the castle on request.
Knights' and Hunters' Hall - as a separate tour you can see only:
1) on pre-announced dates of the so-called "Extended Armoury Tours", with extended interpretation by the depository manager and double the duration of the tour. The capacity of the tour is 10 persons. Interpretation only in Czech language. Tickets can be purchased online or in advance at the castle box office (cannot be reserved)!
Circuit can be found in our CULTURAL CALENDAR.
2) as part of an exclusive tour "Morning in the Opočno Armoury", guided by the custodian of the depository. Duration of the tour: approx. 2.5 hours.
|1. 1.-31. 3.||closed|
|1. 4.-30. 4.||sat–sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|6. 4.-10. 4.||mon, thu, fri, sat, sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|1. 5.-9. 5.||mon, wed, thu, fri, sat, sun||10.00 – 16.00|
|2. 5. (Tu)||closed|
|9. 5. (Tu)||closed|
|10. 5.-30. 6.||tue–sun||10.00 – 16.00|
|1. 7.-31. 8.||tue–sun||9.00 – 17.00|
|1. 9.-30. 9.||tue–sun||10.00 – 16.00|
|1. 10.-31. 10.||sat–sun||10.00 – 15.00|
|26. 10.-27. 10.||thu–fri||10.00 – 15.00|
Interpretation in Czech
- Adults 25 up to 64 years 200 CZK
- Seniors 65+ 160 CZK
- Youth 18 up to 24 years 160 CZK
- Persons with disabilities with valid identification card/certificate 160 CZK
- Children 6 up to 17 years 60 CZK
- Children under 5 years free
- Person accompanying a disabled person free
- Person accompanying a school group of 15 pupils/students free
- Guide accompanying a group of at least 15 persons free
- "MK ČR" card * not available
- ICOMOS card * not available
- Seasonal NPÚ ticket free
- Single NPÚ tickets free
- NPÚ card free
- "Náš člověk" card * free
- * Valid only for one person (card holder)
The tour of the 1st floor of the chateau begins with a visit to the African collections from the travels (1901-1902) of the then owner of the chateau, Prince Joseph II. Colloredo-Mannsfeld. The private rooms of the prince and his wives - Lucy Yvonne and Maria Sidonie de Smit, the chambers of Joseph's brother Jerome and his wife Bertha (née...
this tour is not available today
Interpretation in Czech (full admission) Buy ticket
duration 55 minutes
max. 25 people
reservation needed for groups only
Apart from the tours of the 1st and 2nd floors of the chateau, we offer special tours on the announced dates.
this tour is not available today
duration 0 minutes